Wireframe 3D Engine
Version Compatibility: Visual Basic 6
This is a neat wireframe 3D engine, developed entirely in VB6! No external DLL's, apart from the win9x GUI DLL's are used. Rendering is done using ONLY the standard windows GUI API functions. This 3D engine is surprisingly fast, considering that it was made ENTIRELY in VB- it averages an FPS rate of about 250 for small models, and about 70 for the largest models. This App can also save and load 3d wireframe models in its own .3df format. This file format is easily readable, and can be editted using any ascii text editor. This source code can be used for the editor window in 3d editors, as well as other similar applications.
Major updates in the latest edition (21-Apr-2003) include:
- Smoother mouse control, but keyboard support has been removed.
- Ability to export the 3D scene as a bitmap
- An in-built 3D wireframe model editor using primitives!!
- Ability to do user-defined 3d rotations
- Ability to display the x, y, z axes
- Scaling and Translation of the wireframe model
- Ability to draw wireframes in colour, on a coloured background
- Improved file handling
Instructions: Click the link below to download the code. Select 'Save' from the IE popup dialog. Once downloaded, open the .zip file from your local drive using WinZip or a comparable program to view the contents.