Real-time Network Bridge Simulation Program
Version Compatibility: Visual Basic 6
This program provides a real-time simulation of a Network Bridge device supporting two segments. Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) computers can be attached and identified for the Bridge to register them in the central table grid. The Bridge allows the DTE's to communicatate across opposite segments.
Developer tutorial value
- Full development cycle software produced for distribution.
- Windows GUI - drag and drop.
- Real Time threads for DTE simulation additions and picture box control flashing using DoEvents.
- Hotimage (highlighted with mouse hover) toolbar buttons.
- Clipboard for use to save bitmap image files.
- Common dialogue - File Save, Printer setup and Printer dialogs.
- Flexigrid control.
- Print form window dialog graphics.
- Print string module (or for text box control printing).
- MAPI - Mail despatch with file attachment.
- Modal - Tip of day, Splash Screen, About dialogs with windows system information dialog and alert message dialogs used to inform user.
- API windows' calls to launch default web browser and navigate to determined URL destination.
- Context-sensitive, whats-this-help and ToolTips with contents and index help used throughout.
- TQM (Total Quality Management) error code used throughout.
Instructions: Click the link below to download the code. Select 'Save' from the IE popup dialog. Once downloaded, open the .zip file from your local drive using WinZip or a comparable program to view the contents.