Path/Key Handling and Manipulation
Version Compatibility: Visual Basic 6
Following functions are included:
- getLen: Retrieves the Length (Count of Path-Parts) of the Path
- getLeft: Retrieves a given count of Path-Parts from a Path of the left side
- getRight: Retrieves a given count of Path-Parts from a Path of the right side
- GetParent: Retrieves the Parent-Path of a given Path.
- TrimPath: Trimms a path to a given count of characters. Path parts are shortened by replacing them with "...".
- StrCount: Used by GetLen to retrieve the count of a given SubString in a string.
- GetFileName: Retrieves the filename of a path (with extension or without)
- MakeEndBackslash: Ensures that a given Path ends with a Backslash.
Instructions: Copy the declarations and code below and paste directly into your VB project.