FlexBox: Replacement for the Masked Edit Control v 2.0
Category:Forms and Controls
Version Compatibility: Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic 5
Flex Box improves on the Masked Edit Box in the following ways:
- Set the mask property to "any text" and the control will act like a standard textbox.
- When the data isn't compatible with the mask, Flex will try to redirect the data to fit.
- All input mask's and signs that are used in the common mask box (from MS) are also valid.
- Field types input choices are split into Numeric, Date and AlphaNumeric, all with their own behavior
- If field type Numeric is chosen, the cursor will goes automatic to the decimal point when pushed.
- Automatic replacement of the prompt chars in 0 (zero) after the decimal point (can be toggled ON/OFF)
- Separate alignment of data by input and when the box has no focus.
- Calculator by pressing the right mouse button. (can be toggled ON/OFF).
- Switching to other controls by pressing the Enter key (can be toggled ON/OFF)
- You can simple make your own right button mouse menu's inside each instance of FlexBox.
Instructions: Click the link below to download the code. Select 'Save' from the IE popup dialog. Once downloaded, open the .zip file from your local drive using WinZip or a comparable program to view the contents.